Crafts are for everyone and any age !
Regardless of whether you are 3 years old or 30 years or older, at sometime in your life you have made a unique handmade craft. Perhaps you were in Pre school or elementary class or Sunday school. Maybe you have something you willed from a piece of wood from your backyard. Maybe a birdhouse you made and is hanging from your tree out back. Perhaps it is the decorative pine cone with glitter all over it and in the box in the attic. Maybe a project you made from your high school years. You, or your parent may even still have some of these crafts you have made. I still have some craft items my children have made in there younger years and a chair my son made while in high school. Good memories !
Crafts are a lot of different design ideas – get creative.
Unique handmade crafts are just that….. Unique and handmade by YOU !! Arts and crafts describes a wide variety of activities involving making things with one’s own hands. Anyone is capable of doing a craft, once we put our mind to it. I enjoy going to my craft room and sitting for hours working on what ever comes to mind. It can be so relaxing. Sometimes it’s painting on a piece of slate, or taking sea shells I collected from the beach over the summer and making something out of it. Or perhaps I feel like making a candle that day with a design or a picture on it for a gift. Or I saw a piece of driftwood I collected and made a decorative piece from it. Once you or I make it, it becomes unique and one of a kind! You just have to get creative, and let your mind explore the possibilities. There is so many forms of crafts out there : Just to name a few.
- Ceramics and glass crafts .
- Fiber and textile crafts .
- Flower crafts.
- Paper crafts.
- Wood and driftwood
- Seashell crafts
- Fabric crafts
- Quilt making
- Basket Weaving.
- Watch making
These are just a few. There are so many more.
Crafts have a way of bringing a touch of style to your home.
Now days there are so many styles you can consider. When adding a touch of style and charm to your home. Each and ever room can be designed with a different look. From a child room to the living room to the den and bedroom or even your bathroom. Even some fresh cut flowers you grew,in a vase on the kitchen table, can brighten up a room. There is the vintage style or the modern look or the soft and cozy atmosphere….so many styles can be considered. There are hundreds of craft projects and craft ideas to inspire you. Some of those craft decor projects could enhance your outdoor space as well. Maybe you have a decorative gazebo, or a cozy fire pit or a back porch patio. Perhaps you have a small walk way you would like to see brightened up. The possibilities are enormous !
General safety tips
- Learn the right techniques. … Learn all you can about the materials and techniques you’re using
- Look for safer alternatives. … Look into the potential hazards before you try (or buy) new arts and crafts materials
- Keep materials in their original containers. …
- Follow safety instructions. …
Always follow the safety instructions on the labels
- arts and crafts in an area where the air circulates well. …Work outside, open a window or use a fan.
- Install a smoke detector in your work area. …
- Know emergency numbers. …
- Use protective equipment.This includes:
- goggles or prescription eyeglasses to protect your eyes from splashes or small objects
- earplugs to protect against loud noises
- rubberized gloves to avoid getting solvents or acids on your skin
- dust masks or respirators to prevent breathing in dust or fumes
- any other equipment recommended in product instructions
- Keep arts and crafts materials away from food and drink. You will reduce the risk of swallowing dangerous materials by mistake.
- Wash up. Wash your hands (and clothing, if needed) after you finish working.
- Store carefully. Keep hazardous materials out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
As far as I’m concerned, anyone can do their own style of crafts. There are so many forms and variety of crafts out there and so many possibilities. It’s an amazing feeling when you take a little something and make it out to be a creative masterpiece. Experience the joy of doing it yourself ! The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless !! Enjoy and go create !!